Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Working from Home...One Girl's Opinion


I cannot tell you many times I've been asked recently how it feels to not go to a full-time office anymore. As you may know, I resigned an 11-year corporate career to become a better mom and wife...and to start my own home-based business.

Here are my experiences - both positive and challenging, so far:

Positive: No alarm clock
Negative: Staying up wayyy too late

Positive: Finally meeting some relatives that I've known for over 30 years
Negative: I've become almost too social lately...hard to focus on work!

Positive: Car Pool line!!
Negative: A very short quiet work day (wait a minute...?)

Positive: Extremely flexible working hours
Negative: Work time doesn't seem to stop

Positive: Helping others start their own home-based business, and seeing it grow
Negative: People don't realize it's an actual JOB

Overall, I have to admit this has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. I do miss the corporate world, but I miss my children and husband much less now. : )

Can't wait for the summer! Pool time every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin